WE GOT MARRIED!!!
By the skin of our teeth, but we got married on 20th March!
I won’t go in the detail of all the stress and worry of the week leading up to the wedding (due to COVID-19), but will give you a quick summary from our engagement to the wedding day, adding our wedding planning timeline when we booked everything.
Wedding Planning does take up a lot of time & energy, this post will only be more of a quick summary & timescales when we booked our suppliers. As there are so many details that goes in wedding planning, I will break them down in various posts like- Wedding wear, Decór, Suppliers, Music, On The Day, Must Haves, Thoughts on the day- or something along those lines. A lot of them I won’t be able to do till we get our photos back from our photographer, as they would’ve taken such detailed shots.
James proposed to me on 1st December 2018, right after we finished decorating our Christmas tree. It was the most magical moment ever!
I am super organised and as you can imagine, I was very excited to start planning our wedding. Within the first few weeks, I made appointments at a couple of bridal boutiques to try on dresses- to see which ones suit me & how much they cost, as at this point I only had a rough estimate how much I wanted to spend on the dress, so I wanted a bit more info on that.
Below is our wedding planning timeline:
January 2019 – 14 months to go
- Did our budget – for free template what I created & used- Click Here
- Bought my wedding dress & veil
- Decided on the date
- Booked Registrar
- Booked our venue (this and the above 2 all go hand-in-hand)
- Booked our Photographer
- Created our colour scheme
- Decided on major parts on how we wanted the day to look and plan out
- Went to one wedding show/ fayre
- Booked my hair lady for the day
February 2019 – 13 months to go
- Chose our chair covers, sashes & extra items we wanted to rent (decor)
- Ordered our invites, save the date & place cards
- Proposed to my bridal party
March 2019 – 12 months to go
- Booked our florist
- Went to the National Wedding show
- Bought my Tiara & wedding shoes
- Went to a local wedding show
- Booked DJ & photobooth
- Asked James’ sister to make our Wedding Cake
- Sent out Save the Date
April 2019 – 11 months to go
- Started buying part of our favours
May 2019 – 10 months to go
- Booked our honeymoon
- More items for favours
- Proposals for Grooms party
June 2019 – 9 months to go
- Booked Make-Up for the Wedding
- Bought bridesmaids dresses
- Bought my jewellery for the day
- Bought honeymoon clothes (some of them)
July 2019 – 8 months to go
- Gave notice at Registrars
August 2019 – 7 months to go
September 2019 – 6 months to go
- Pre-Wedding Shoot
- Food taster & menu selection at the venue
- Sent out Invites
October 2019 – 5 months to go
- Hair trial
- Trying on the dress with hair & accessories to see if I like it that way
- Hired grooms’ & grooms’ party wear
November 2019 – 4 months to go
- Make Up Trial
December 2019 – 3 months to go
- Over the Christmas break- doing DIY’s and display mock-ups
January 2020 – 2 months to go
- Ordered our Welcome Sign, Order of the day cards, Table Names
- Ordered our cake topped
- Stag Do
- Hen do #1
- Final dress fitting
February 2020 – 1 month to go
- Made up all favours
- Hen do #2
- Finished off all last DIY’s that were left
- Bought all last bits that were needed
- Final – Final dress fitting
March 2020 – this is it, don’t get scared now
- Pick up suits
- Pick up dress (1 day before the wedding)
- Travel to venue (1 day before the wedding)
- Get Married
I didn’t detail when I made all DIY’s or bought specific things, as quite simply- I cannot remember it all in that much detail.
This is a just a rough guide how we did it and at what points we booked/ bought things. We were lucky with how much time we had to plan our wedding. So I hope that my wedding planning timeline gives you an idea when to start looking at things.
There will do more wedding related posts, that will be broken down in more detail, adding some more pictures, especially on my DIY’s. I will also go in more detail what theme or feel we went for when I do one about Decor- as it will all tie in with that. I think that the next Wedding post will be about the dresses!
But please- if you have any questions about our wedding or suggestions on how you would like me to tackle breaking it all down- leave a comment below, drop me an email or DM me on Instagram @mycountrylifeblog and while you’re there- click the follow button & stay up to date with all the latest posts.