What is your go-to cake when you are grabbing your coffee from your local coffee shop? Mine is brownies. So after I ordered the prettiest flower plate from Le Creuset (link here) I had to make some yummy sweets to go on it. Here is my gooey brownie recipe for you to try at home.
When you make this gooey brownie recipe, make sure you tag me on your socials so I can see how yours turned out. All social details are at the bottom of the post or top right corner of the website.
Check this out!
Since you have landed on this recipe, I presume you like baking (and enjoy the lovely baking fruits…. CAKE). Why not check out some of my other bakes I’ve done? This Russian Honey cake is an absolute beauty and I am sure you will love it- link here or click on the picture below to take you to the recipe.
Make sure you scroll to the bottom of the post for more pictures of these yummy brownies.
Gooey Brownie Recipe
- 22.5cm square baking tray
- Piping bag (for cheesecake swirl)
- 300 g unsalted butter
- 220 g caster sugar
- 170 g light brown sugar
- 4 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 140 g cocoa powder sifted
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 170 g plain flour
- 150 g dark chocolate chopped or chocolate chips
- 20 g fudge chunks optional
Cheesecake swirl ingredients
- 125 g mascarpone cheese
- 20 g sour cream
- 35 g caster sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ egg leave a bit off the eggs for your brownies
- Preheat your oven to 180°C
- In a large saucepan add chocolate and butter, heat these over medium heat until melted.
- Remove the saucepan from heat and add caster & light brown sugars. Mix until combined.
- In a seperate bowl whisk together your 4 eggs, then add these a bit at a time ensuring it's mixed before adding the next bit. (make sure you leave about half an egg for your cheesecake swirl).
- Add vanilla essence.
- Sift in your cocoa powder, baking soda & salt. Add in plain flour.
- Add your fudge chunks as well at this point (if you are using these).
- Mix & stir until everything has combined.
- In a seperate bowl mix all cheesecake ingredients together.
- To make it easier adding cheesecake in straight lines, put the mix in a piping bag.
Putting it together
- Make sure you have lined your baking tray with baking paper to ensure brownies come out perfectly.
- Add the brownie mixture in the baking tray and spread it evenly.
- Use a table knife and draw straight lines for you to pipe the chessecake mix in.
- Once you've piped the cheesecake mix, using the same knife- draw swirly lines.
- Put your gooey brownies in the oven for 20-25 minutes.
So… what did you think of the recipe? Pretty easy, isn’t it? If you feel a bit overwhelmed by the recipe, remove the below couple of things to make the gooey brownie recipe a bit simpler. It will still be super gooey!
- remove the fudge chunks
- skip the cheesecake swirl
What is your go to cake and do you make it at home as well? Or just get it as a treat when you’re out & about?
Let me know if there are any bakes you’d like to share with me or want me to try. Maybe there is something you have always wanted to bake, but feel the recipe is too much? Drop me a DM or a message on contact me page (link here) & I’ll see if I can help you out.