We have made it to Week No 2 of Veganuary and it’s been a good one. I am continuing to explore new Vegan things to make meals more tasty, which is a tricky business in vegan diet. In todays post I am sharing another 3 easy vegan recipes that have made it to my go-to recipe list.
As always, let’s start with Breakfast
The recipe below makes 500ml of thick smoothie. If you want less, then please reduce the fruit & milk amount. If you want it more liquidy – add more milk.
- 350ml almond milk
- 1 Banana
- handful of frozen mango (about 10-12 chunks)
- 1 handful of frozen strawberries (about 8-10 chunks)
- Maple syrup for sweetener (if you want it sweeter)
Add it all in a blender and blend it till all is nice & smooth. Pour it into your glass and voila – breakfast is served.
Note – You can use all fresh fruit, but I find it easier to use a mix (fresh & frozen), as it makes it easier to limit food waste.
If you have been following me for a while, I’m sure you’ve already noticed that I LOVE an easy & simple recipes. And this lunch recipe is no exception.
- Quorn vegan chicken free slices – use 4 for this wrap
- 1 Tortilla wrap
- 1/4 of a red (or any other colour) pepper
- Cucumber sticks
- Wild rocket
- Vegan cheese (grated)
Lay down your tortilla wrap & layer as follows – 2 vegan chicken slices, cucumber, pepper, cheese, rocket & top it off with remaining 2 vegan chicken slices. If you feel like you need a bit more juice to it- you can add a dash of vegan mayo. Any leftover cucumber and pepper you didn’t use in the wrap- you can use as your afternoon snacks.
And finally – Dinner
Black Bean Vegan Fajitas with Sweet Chilli Sauce
- 400 g Black beans
- 1 Red onion
- 3 Garlic cloves
- 1 Yellow bell pepper
- 6 Fajita wraps vegan
- 1 tbsp Tomato paste
- 1 Baby gem lettuce
- 4 tbsp Sweet chilli sauce
- 200 g Meat free mince I used half a bag Aldi Plant menu vegan mince
- 50-70 g Grated vegan cheddar I used Aldi Plant menu one
- Warm up the frying pan with some olive oil, add separated slices of your red onion and fry until soft.
- Add onion & no meat mince. Cover frying pan with lid and leave to cook for 3-5 minutes. In the mean time drain the black beans and mash half of them, leaving the other half whole.
- Once the vegan mince has cooked and browned up, add the black beans & bell peppers. Season with salt & pepper. Cover with lid and let it cook for 8-10 minutes or until everything has cooked.
- When everything has cooked, add your sweet chilli sauce and stir it all together. Assemble your fajitas topping them with cheese & lettuce.
Links for the 2 Aldi products I used in this recipe:
Plant Menu Grated Cheese – link here
Plant Menu Meat-Free Mince – link here
During the week I do not want to spend more than 40-45 minutes each day making dinner. I am always on the hunt for quick recipes and I am super excited to keep sharing my easy vegan recipes with you all.
This weeks top snacks
Buying vegan off-the-shelf snacks are very tricky as it seems that milk/ milk powder and all other milk things are used in nearly everything! Here are my top 3 snacks I loved this week:
- Nomo Creamy Chocolate bar – link here I bought mine from Tesco, but you can order in bulk from their website
- Actileaf Blueberry Soya Yogurt from Aldi – link here
- Fresh blueberries
What are your dinner habits? Are you the cook or do you prefer a cheeky takeaway?
Click the image below to read the Veganuary Week 1 recipes!