We are more than halfway through Veganuary and you have 3 more vegan meal ideas coming your way! I do really hope that whenever you might come across these- you enjoy them and try eating Vegan for at least a day.
With that, let’s jump into our this weeks vegan meal ideas for you to try!
Breakfast – Pancakes with some raspberries
Me, personally, I am not a lover or a big fan of pancakes. Every now & then I will have a craving for an American style pancake. And I did this week. It took me 3 attempts to get it right, as I tried adding fruit & chocolate chips in the batter, but that just turned into a hot mess!!
- 100g plain flour
- 1tsp + 1/2tsp baking powder
- 3tbsp of caster sugar
- 150ml coconut milk
- 1tbsp veggie butter/ spread
Put all ingredients in a bowl and mix them together. Heat up your frying pan on medium heat with a bit of coconut oil. Once hot enough, using a soup ladle add about a quarter of the mix on the frying pan. After 1-2 minutes, flip it over. And continue until all the batter has been used up.
Serve it up with some raspberries (or other berries) and maple syrup.
Lunch – Couscous salad you can prep the night before
Salad you can prep the night before? Oh yes! I am all for food hacks, prepping in advance and making my and your lives easier. Ok, let me explain!
- About a cup of fully done couscous (I make it in a bigger batch, and take what I need throughout the week)
- Knorr veggie stock pot
- 4-6 Veggie chicken dippers – I used these
- Baby gem lettuce
- Some rocket leaves
- Couple chunky slices of cucumber
- Vegan mayo
So, what do you make the night before, you ask? Ahaa… While you make your dinner, pop your kettle on and make some couscous in a bowl. Put couscous and stock pot in the bowl, pour boiling water over (read instructions on couscous pack) and cover with cling film. After 5 or so minutes, check on it and give it a stir with a fork. You can use it there and then or keep it in the fridge for your lunch next day.
Also- while you are making your dinner or while you’re eating – put the vegan chicken dippers in the oven to cook (follow instructions on packaging).
And now as your lunch hour has rolled around – all you have to do is – chop up your salad bits, add a bit of vegan mayo. Put it all on your plate – and you are set to go. The actual making of lunch won’t take you more than 5 minutes, as all the big jobs been done the night before.
Dinner time – Tofu filled pastry squares (makes 6)
Pastry Squares filled with Tofu & Green beans
- 1 tube Ready to roll puff pastry (vegan)
- 1 pcs red onion
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 100 g grated cheese you can have more/ less on how cheesy you like it
- 5-6 pcs mushrooms
- 10 pcs green beans
- 1 pcs tofu (10 x 3cm piece) I didn't weigh mine as I wanted to use just a little bit, so it doesn't overwhelm the meal
- 1 pcs baby gem lettuce
- 2 handfuls wild rocket
- 2 sml/med tomatoes
- seasoning- salt, pepper, onion granules, smoked paprika
- dash of vingar
- Pre-heat the oven to 200°C
- Cut your tofu in medium chunks, put them in a bowl. Season with salt, pepper, smoked paprika & dash of vinegar. Mix with a wooden spoon & leave it to rest.
- Meanwhile heat a frying pan on medium heat, add some olive or coconut oil. Peel and chop the red onion in small pieces and add to frying pan once hot. Peel & cut up garlic as well – add to frying pan.
- While that cooks, cut the ends off your green beans & cut them in no more than 2cm sticks. Peel and chop up finely the mushrooms.
- When the onion and garlic has softened, add the green beans & tofu to frying pan. Cook for 3-5 minutes.
- Add the mushrooms and season to taste.
- On baking tray lay out the pastry & cut into 6 squares.
- Once the mix has cooked, split it out between all 6 squares & cover with cheese. Pop it into oven for about 15 minutes until the cheese has melted.
- While the pastry cooks in the oven – make up the salad. Cut up the lettuce, rocket & tomatoes. Mix in the bowl. If you want- you can add some olive oil and a bit of salt & pepper.
- Serve it up!
Below are this weeks snacks & desert I’ve been enjoying!
- Ready salted crisps
- GU Salted Caramel Cheese cake vegan pots for dessert, link here. They are very sweet, but my God they are delicious!