Don’t you just sometimes want something light & fresh to treat your sweet tooth? Yes, me too. I had a real craving for lemon drizzle cake earlier in the week, but I wasn’t up to making a whole loaf cake. I wanted something a bit more smaller, bite size if you like. So… here are my vegan lemon drizzle cupcakes!
Hope you enjoy my recipe! And don’t forget to share & tag me when you make yours! (social details at the bottom of the post)
Vegan Lemon Drizzle Cupcakes
Lemon drizzle cupcakes
- 122 ml Olive oil
- 200 g Caster sugar
- 200 g Plain flour
- 3 tsp Baking powder
- 4 large Egg replacement To replace 4 large eggs
- 2 Lemon zest + some juice (1tsp) adjust to taste
Lemon sugar juice
- 50 g Caster sugar
- 50 g Lemon juice
- 100 g Icing sugar
- 2-3 tsp Lemon juice adjust to make it more liquid if needed
Lemon drizzle cupcake
- Pre-heat the oven to 180°C
- Add sugar, oil, lemon zest & 1 tsp lemon juice. Mix with stand or hand mixer until combined.
- While the above is mixing, prepare your egg-replacement & add it to the main mixture.
- Sift in flour & baking powder. Mix until combined.
- Using ice cream scoop fill in your cupcakes, add the train in middle shelf of your oven & bake for 15 minutes. Might be better to start with 12 minutes and check, as the baking time will depend on your oven.
Lemon sugar juice
- While your cupcakes are baking, make your lemon juice & caster sugar.
- As soon as the cupcakes are out of the oven, while using a brush – cover each cupcake with the lemon-sugar mix. This will add extra lemon taste and make the moist.
- Once your cupcakes have cooled, mix lemon juice & icing sugar to create lemon drizzle. If it's not as runny as you'd like – add a bit more lemon juice.
- And now for the fun part – using a table spoon, scoop some of the liquid mixture and drizzle over your cupcakes!
This was the very first recipe where I completely replaced vegan butter for olive oil. And I am very impressed with the results. I will most definitely be using more olive oil in my baking. Have you tried using olive oil in your baking before? How did you find it?
Will you be giving my vegan lemon drizzle cupcake recipe a go? If you do- I’d really appreciate you leaving a comment and tagging me in your creations on Insta (links to all socials below).
If you are looking for more vegan recipes – go check out my 4 week veganuary recipes –> Week 1 – Week 2 – Week 3 – Week 4. In each week you will have breakfast, lunch & dinner recipes. If you are new or a seasoned vegan – I hope you like them or inspire you to create your own recipes!