Have your bananas started to go off and you don’t know what to do with them? Why not make a lovely vegan banana bread with some added strawberries (if you have them!) for the whole family to enjoy? Come one, let me share my recipe with you.
It is the perfect mid-morning snack with your cup of coffee. Or maybe you want a slightly different breakfast on the weekend. May you’re more like me than you think – and just fancy a cheeky afternoon snack to get you till 5 o’clock!
Vegan Banana Bread with Strawberries
- 250 g Plain flour
- 125 g Caster sugar
- 115 ml Olive oil
- 1 medium/large Banana or 2 if you're not using strawberries
- 125 g Strawberries
- Egg replacer for 3 Large eggs
- 1 tsp Bicarbonated soda
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
- Pre-heat your oven to 180°C
- Add sugar, oil & vanilla in a mixing bowl. You can use stand mixer or hand mixer – mix until well combined.
- Mix in your egg replacer
- Sift in flour & bicarbonate soda, mix until combined. Add a third of the flour at a time to make it easier to combine.
- Cut up bananas & strawberries in smallish pieces, place them in a bowl. Dust them with flour so all pieces are well coated. This will prevent the fruit to sink to the bottom of the tin.
- Add the fruit to your main mixture. Add completed mix into your bread loaf tin.You can either use baking paper to prevent the bread to sticking to the tin. Or you can use some of the olive oil to coat the sides and bottom.
- Cover with foil, make some holes in the top and pop it in the oven for 40-45 minutes, check halfway through. After that – remove the foil and bake for another 20 minutes to brown off the top. Check regularly so you don't overbake.
I know this isn’t the quickest recipe in the world to make, but it is worth it. Your hands-on time is very short and just let the oven take care of the rest. Love it how moist the bread stays even for 2 or three days after.
I added strawberries in my recipe as they were about to go off as well (need to be much better at munching on them beforehand)! But you don’t have to add them. Instead of strawberries you can use 2 bananas. Or add blueberries. Or raspberries.
If you are looking for some other Vegan bakes – check here to pick your next recipe!
Make sure you tag me in your vegan banana bread creations on Instagram (link below).