One of my favourite things to get from the supermarket are soft vegan chocolate chip cookies. But the problem is – there is only 1 or two options (if you’re lucky) to pick from. So my baking brain went to work! This is not 100% exactly what I had in mind when I started the recipe – but it’s pretty darn good!
I absolutely love quick, easy & little ingredients in all my recipes. If I can chuck all ingredients in a bowl & make something – that is the best thing ever! And YES, this vegan chocolate chip cookies recipe is one of those!
Right, less talking- more baking! Let’s jump into the recipe!
Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1 Stand mixed with paddle or dough attachment
- 50 g Dark vegan chocolate Use either ready cut up chocolate chips or cut them up finely yourself
- 100 g Plain flour
- 60 g Brown sugar
- 2 tbsp Corn starch
- 75 g Vegan butter
- 3 tsp Vanilla extract
- Pre-heat your oven to 180°C
- Put all your ingredients in a mixing bowl & turn your stand mixer on. I used paddle attachment and it mixed it up in no time. For the final bit – I tipped the dough on my work surface and finished mixing ingredients together by hand.If you do not have a stand mixer – you can mix ingredients together by hand.
- Total weight of your dough will be about 330grams, I made 6 cookies – each weighing between 50-60grams. If you want bigger or smaller – adjust accordingly.
- Bake in the oven for 10-13 minutes. You want them to be slightly underbaked to have that softness to them.
- Leave them to cool before munching on them.
Now honestly, how easy is this recipe? In 30 minutes you have a batch of delicious cookies you can snack on or share with your family and friends. Because of using brown sugar in this recipe – the taste is slightly different than using normal caster sugar. Before finishing with the dough- have a little taste- you can always add a bit more vanilla extract to mask it a bit more.
Are you by any chance looking for any other baking recipes? You are? Marvellous – click HERE for more vegan bakes. If you are not vegan, all recipes can be adjusted to use eggs and dairy!
Maybe you are after some dinner recipes, then you must check out some of my cooking recipes HERE!
I really hope you like & enjoy this recipe! Make sure you tag me on Instagram with your creations! All social links below.