I feel like people often feel divided whether they like mushrooms or not. I’ve always been mostly ‘I don’t like mushrooms’ camp, but over the years my taste buds have changed. And now I really like recipes with mushrooms in them. Especially being vegan – shroomies add another layer of depth. I have been wanting to make stuffed mushrooms for ages, so I thoroughly enjoyed making & eating these! Oh… and did I mention? This recipe is completely vegan friendly!
Here’s my easy to make stuffed mushrooms with smoked cheese & salad to serve
Stuffed mushrooms with smoked cheese & salad to serve
- 4 large flat mushrooms
- 1 small onion
- 10-12 pcs cherry tomatoes
- 1 tbsp vegan butter/ spread
- 120 g smoked vegan cheese
- seasoning (salt & pepper)
- garlic granules or you can use 1 clove of garlic instead
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 avocado
- couple/ three handfuls of rocket depending how much salad you like
- Preheat the oven to 180°C
- Peel the outer skin of the mushrooms and remove the stalk. Place them on a baking tray like little bowls, add a little bit of butter, salt & pepper and pop them in the oven for 10 minutes.
- Meanwile on the hob heat a frying pan with a little bit of olive oil, add onion & let that cook until nice and golden. Then add chopped up tomatoes. You will want to add a bit of seasoning as well.
- Both- the mushrooms & the filling will be ready roughly at the same time. Fill each mushroom with the onion & tomato filling. Top it with grated smoked vegan cheese & pop them back in the oven for another 10 minutes or until the cheese has melted.
- While the shroomies are in the oven for the final time, make up your salad. Roughly chop up rocket leaves. With avocado – cut it up as big or small of a chunks you prefer. Put both in a bow and drizzle with olive oil, lemon juice and maple syrup. It will have a fresh taste with a bit of sweetness. Add each part bit at a time to make sure you get the right taste for you.
- Serve mushrooms with your freshly made salad.
What are your thoughts on these? It is a very quick & easy recipe to make. The ingredient list might look long but in reality – there aren’t that many ingredients you would have to buy just for this recipe. Most of them you will already have in your fridge or cupboard.
These are my favourite kind of recipes – where you don’t have to buy many or any ingredients to make them. They are quick to make, which makes them perfect for a busy life we all lead. And this doesn’t have to be a dinner, it’s an ideal recipe for lunch as well.
Come check out some of my other dinner recipes – click HERE!
One of my favourites so far – my mini vegan cheese & potato pies! Click the image below to take you to the recipe!
Make sure to tag me on socials – link below – on your cooking & baking adventures!